Friday, January 8, 2010

Orange Cocoa Brownies (Taste great and good for you!))

My bosses Birthday is this weekend so I decided to make a treat to take in to the office.
She is watcing her Cholesterol so I thought I'll play around and create something she can enjoy guilt free.
My number one rule with healthy recipes are they have to taste wonderful. I will not eat or serve something that taste like tree bark or dirt clods.

Orange Cocoa Brownies
1 brownie mix (dry)
1 egg
1/3 c pumpkin puree *
1/3 c apple sauce *
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 c water
1/2 tsp of pure orange extract
1/4 c cocoa

Mix and bake at 350* for 20 minutes
The brownies come out very dense and delicious.
You are reading the recipe correctly there is no Oil!!!
* All Natural, no sugar added. These items were home grown and canning in my own kitchen.

Seriously, These were wonderfully awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment