Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Menu Planning for March

I really don't have to say this because if you know me and are reading my blog then you know, I Love to cook. I love good food and I enjoy planning, shopping for and preparing good food.
I also remembered that by planning out a couple of weeks worth of menues and shopping for those item I can keep my grocery expenses down.

Menus for March 1-18
( Insert a MUSTGO night 'leftovers' about every 2-3 nights)
**Justifcations: I am not on a diet I am simply watching and being aware of the choices I make.

1.Spaghettii w/ homemade meat,mushroom & Tomato sauce

2.Bacon Cabbage & Root Soup ( I got this recipe from our snowshoeing, camping and hiking friend-Sandi) ** only 4 fat trimmed pieces of bacon in the entire pot of soup.

3.Perogies (a friend called me up and said she had made a large batch for a party and had some leftover) Toni is Polish and make these from scratch the old world way! Yummy!
** Sorry no Justification can be made here, just take heart that the last time I had any of these was 4-5 years ago.

4.Smoky Bean Chili ( I'll try to recreate a chili that Wayne brought to our church's Soup and Chili cook off - my mouth is watering as I think about it)

5.Baked Salmon & Asparagus

6.Crock-pot Burritos **lean ground beef fat free refried beans, load up on homemade salsa, lettuce & onions.

7.Homemade Pepperoni Pizza & salad ** this is treat for David that he gets only once every 3 or 4 months.

8.Scallops w/Asparagus & lemon Pasta

9.Homemade Mac n Cheese w/ Green Beans

10.Great Northern Beans & Ham ** I refrigerate them over night and remove any fat that rises to the top of the beans.

11.Chef Salad

12.Hamburgers ** I load up on onions, mushrooms & Lettuce, I use extra lean beef and I don't use a bun

No comments:

Post a Comment