Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bonne Anniversari

Every morning David goes out 10-15 minutes before I have to leave for work and starts my car. He scrapes the ice or shovels the snow. He always leaves a little patch of ice or snow where he can draw a heart or two in the snow or ice. Who needs flowers?

This morning on the top of my frost covered car where several hearts and a message. Bonne Anniversari. He remembered! Today is 7 months of wedded bliss!I know some of you may be rolling your eyes, thinking, "they'll get over it, their just newly weds." Who says you have to get over it? I hear people in church say the same thing about young christians that are excited and in love with God. Why do we do this? Is it because we have lost that love and passion so in order to make ourselves feel better about our relationship we try dragging the other person down?

I remember Pastor Rob saying near the end of our wedding ceremony. "Let no one seperate you!" I wonder if that should also be said to new Christians. A relationship with Christ is that of a bride and bride groom.

My Dear Beloved Jesus,
Bonne Anniversari! I don't remember the exact date you became my bride groom (approx: May 1973) I have not always been faithful, but you have. Thank you that you always freely give your love and forgiveness and take me back into your arms where there is security, comfort and pure joy.
I Love you with all my heart!
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment