Friday, October 8, 2010

Old Fashion

I may be a bit old fashion. Okay, I'm a whole lot old fashion at times.

Oh don't get me wrong I love the modern conveniences of indoor plumbing, electricity and the internet, But.......
I have been thinking about some of the good things we are loosing to modern conveniences. Such as, who takes the time to hand write letters to friends anymore. Instead we Facebook or text. I'm guilty! We are loosing the art of hand writing. Most children don't know how to write, it isn't being taught in school anymore. 
 
Think about the last time you received a hand written note from a friend. How did that feel? Did you just quickly glance at it and toss it aside? I doubt it. I imagine you read it completely and reread it again, and probably put it somewhere so that you could keep it for a while. 


Occasionally David or I open a book and find that we have hidden an old card or letter from each other between the pages. Wow! the flood of memories, emotions and feeling. Am then we reread the letter again. 


I'm going to start hand writing notes to my dear friends and family members. Hopefully they will know that they are thought of and loved. 


 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart...........   Philippians 1:7 

No comments:

Post a Comment