Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jammin' with Jeannie

Recently My Aunt Jeannie (and Uncle Rick) came to visit. The first Day they were here David & I took them up into the Mountains, to a lake that we hiked around and had a picnic lunch. If you haven't been out to visit us this what you have to look forward to, We take all of our company there. 


I was a bit concerned as to what we would do on the second day. David & I are rarely ever bored, cause we love working in the garden, and of course I can spend HOURS in the kitchen. But what to do with company???
That afternoon as we are coming down the mountain Aunt Jeannie asked if I would be okay with spending the next day making jam. Are you kidding me!?! Seriously, don't tease me about cooking.

So we began to develop our strategy. We needed Fruit (stop along side the road and pick elderberries)


We also had some blackberries and peaches at the house. Check!
We would have to stop by the store for more sugar and pectin. Check!  Oh while we are at the store she also picked up the ingredients to make her Coconut cake, for Me! How many of you have an aunt that drive across the country to bake your a birthday cake. Now I know that I am her favorite niece!

The next day we made elderberry jam and some blackberry jam. 
     
Uncle Rick and David spent most of the time in the garden, discussing coins, or studying maps. 
Who knew they would have so much in common......hmmm lets see.........Oh thats right, I did!

We all had so much fun together. That I want to once again extent and invitation to the rest of our family and friends to come visit us. We will find plenty of fun things to do, as well as just relaxing and catching up on old times. 






2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that your aunt and uncle had a blast! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pics cousin! i know mom n dad had a lot of fun out there!! it's very beautiful out that way! :) if i'm ever that way, we will def stop in!! :) luv ya!

    ReplyDelete