Monday, June 1, 2009

More than I could ever hope for

Some friends (that live further south - a bit warmer climate) gave us a couple bags of walnuts. I eagerly started cracking the english walnuts and baking bread. Last week I annouced that I wanted to plant English walnut trees on our little farm. We started calling nurseries and researching on line. I was starting to get a bit discouraged that we might not get walnut trees to grow here in a colder climate and if we could, could we afford them at $85 a tree and you need two for pollination.

Saturday David & I went garage saling. As we walked up to one house He said, Look! this is an English walnut tree. It was in this ladies front yard and it was big and beautiful, very full canopy/ lacy cover. I jokingly said wonder how much they want for it.

We found a couple little item we wanted to purchase from the sale, as David was paying he jokingly asked the lady, "My wife wants to know how much you want for your English Walnut tree." She didn't bat an eye and said, "I have several young tree would you like some."

We dug up 6 young starts for FREE!!!!! plus they are climatized to this area. Thats over a $500 dollar value and she has another larger tree she said we could come get in the fall or spring when its dormate, and that we could come this fall an collect nuts from her tree. WOW!!! Oh and we got a 5 ft maple and some little hens and chicks (the plant)

God is so good! He knows our desires and blesses us above and beyond all we could ever hope for.

MORE BLESSINGS: Update! I just found out that the irrigation pipes that we bought come withthe risers and rain birds attached. We thought we were only getting pipe at $50 apiece vs the store pipe at $100 apiece. We thought we would have to purchase the risers and rainbirds seperately. WOW Bargain blessings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment