Friday, November 4, 2011

Food storage Challenge

I need to update and catch up I haven't posted my days 7-10.
Day 7 was Tuesday We had Leeks Au gratin Wow Thanks Pam Epperson for the recipe
and a baked squash.

Day 8 David made Homemade Ravioli's with refrigerated pasta dough and sausage we had in the freezer

Day 9 Oh good grief for the life of me I can't remember what I made for dinner last night............ Does this ever happen to any of you? Wow I had to go back to my Facebook page to see what I had posted. I must be getting old. I made Chili Rellonoes. Now this was great and another Big thank you to Pam Epperson. She told me to Fire roast my Anaheim peppers and put them in a ziplock bag, skins and all right into the freezer. When ready take the bag out defrost run peppers under hot water and the skins come right off. This worked amazingly. Which I very glad because I froze 11 quart size bags. We will enjoy fire roasted peppers all winter. I use my own canned salsa and prepare rice. I purchased a 25lb bag of brown rice a year ago and we are still using from it. I just keep it stored in an air tight container.

Day 10  We will have leftovers. Have to clean out the frig.

No comments:

Post a Comment